Ofsted Criteria for Outstanding Quality: We will explore what Ofsted are looking for when they come to do an inspection.
Outstanding Quality of Education: The quality of what we teach the children should always be paramount. Here we discover how and why we need to do things in certain ways.
Intent, Implementation and Impact: Ofsted have been clear that they will assess curriculum through intent, implementation and impact. In this section we make sure we understand each aspect fully and are able to cover all areas needed within this.
Outstanding Behaviour and Attitude: Let’s look at the behaviours and attitudes in a home based setting and how we are instrumental in the formative years.
Outstanding Personal Development: Supporting and developing children’s confidence and self esteem is essential for their life long learning. We will explore how we can do what is in the best interests of the child and their family.
Leadership and management and overall effectiveness: The success of a setting is heavily influenced by the leadership and management. By understanding this role fully we can ensure we are getting things right.
We are dedicated to creating results not just content, by the end of the course you will be able to;
- Know what Ofsted are looking for when they come to do an inspection
- Understand the quality of education which should be adhered and aspired to in an early years setting
- Understand Ofsted’s requirements around intent, implementation and impact and how to meet these
- Know what outstanding behaviours and attitudes looks like and how to achieve this
- Understand the importance of supporting and developing personal development
- Identify the most effective leadership and management in an early years setting
Our courses are highly interactive and have been designed to engage, inspire and excite. When completing the course you will interact through methods such as click to reveal the text and process interaction to support your learning.
At the end of your course there is a multiple choice assessment to confirm your learning where you need to achieve 80% or more. If you don’t pass don’t worry! You can take the assessment as many times as you need.